| I read this book a few years back. It was printed in 1977. I guess I needed an uplift and reminder in light of what has taken place as of late. I opened to this page. Thought it was worthy of sharing. "We should not be astonished when other nations view the US as a "faltering democracy." How long would a basketball team that was ranked number one in the polls remain in that position if the student body, the school newspaper, and supporting faculty constanlty pointed out its weaknesses? Soon the team would begin to lack confidence and fail. This is what we have been doing out our blessed country. Our heroes and institutions have been tarnished. We are constatnly being reminded, via the press and other media, of what is wrong in our country. .... It is the job of the historian and educator and church leader to help us as a nation to pull ourselves together, to help us regain perspective and vision and the respect of all nations. This will not be done by showing that this is merely a phase through which we are passing. No, it will be done by men who posses a love of country, a vision of our country's future, and the ASSURANCE of her divinely guided destiny." This Nation Shall Endure Ezra Taft Benson |
Thursday, September 25, 2008
This Nation Shall Endure
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment